ComplianceNow is right for asset managers who want to take their business to the next level, but may be facing increasing risk if they do so
ComplianceNow has been built upon the basic premise that pooled vehicles are ideal to help asset managers create efficiencies in their growing operations. Our goal is collaboratively work with the asset manager, allowing the asset manager to focus on managing the investment process and marketing their funds, while we handle and coordinate all the rest.
We strive to make the process very simple. We’ll shepherd the process of gathering the details surrounding your product’s investment objectives and strategies. Our legal staff works directly with investment advisors and fund sponsors to draft the registration documents. We then forward completed draft documents for review by one of the experienced law firm partners that you choose. By completing much of the time consuming document drafting in-house, we help clients reduce the initial cost of organization significantly. We can also provide recommendations and quotations for other corporate action service partners, including administrators, custodians and transfer agents.
ComplianceNow will collaboratively work with the asset manager to manage expenses, compliance mandates, performance measurements, board materials, and much more. For example, we will work to:
- Actively seek proposals and work with you to select the most efficient services.
- Create a compliance program that is proactive in identifying exceptions and actively work with you to avoid violations.
- Attend all board meetings.
- Assist in the registration preparation for prospectus, SAI and state blue sky registration filings.
- Assist in the preparation of articles/by-laws, declaration of trust.
- Assist in the preparation of fund governance procedures including Code of Ethics, valuation procedures, clearing agencies, distribution policy.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of organizational board meetings and materials.
- Assist with any required responses with SEC exams and comments.
- Assist in finding independent legal and audit firm search and selection.
- Assist with the maintenance of a fund activity and compliance calendar.
- Assist with the proposals of insurance coverage and fidelity bond requirements.
- Assist with the design of class structures, and the necessary distribution and servicing plan agreements.
- Assist with monitoring for SEC compliance, SAI and prospectus compliance and IRS code compliance and support.